Thursday, July 14, 2011

Xtians: If you live in a country where blasphemy is illegal...?

Of course, blasphemy isn't illegal here in America. I might not like blasphemers, but they are protected under the Constitution. I feel like blasphemy is disrespectful to God, so it offends me. But I'm not going to harm anyone who may blaspheme- they are still human beings. I may not be aware of certain elements in that person's life, and they might have a valid reason for being angry at God, if that is their motivation behind the blasphemy. I just think that those who are angry at God for injustice should thank God for the good things in life. It would make more sense to me. I would never commit violence against a blasphemer, but if I am offended, I might try to ask him or her to please not disrespect God in my presence. If I am in a public place with a Jewish person, I wouldn't want to say anything antisemitic. Of course, I would never do that, because I love Jews. If I were around a Muslim person, I wouldn't want to say anything negative about Allah or Mohammad. I support the freedom of speech, but I also believe in civility.

No comments:

Post a Comment