Monday, July 18, 2011

Should the NHL be embarrassed by the way they handled the Aaron Rome suspension?

Yes I do believe that they screwed up with the suspension. There was an article in the local paper here that had Rome still angry over the suspension (this was around game 5 or 6), and that he saw the hit no different than the Chara hit, an unfortunate incident (Chara got 0 games). I am on his side on that one. Additionally, the hit on Raymond was just as bad, and that hit resulted in 0 games. I understand the NHL is trying to get rid of headshots, but they are getting to a point where it takes precedence over other hits like roughing the passer in the NFL (bullshit). Raymond is lucky that he isn't crippled, I'm not saying that the hit was intentionally dirty, but if the Rome hit on Horton received four games in the Stanley Cup Finals, I cannot see how that one went unpunished.

No comments:

Post a Comment