Thursday, July 14, 2011

Will my eyebrows grow back?

I have Trichotillomania. Trichotillomania (trick-o-til-o-MAY-nee-ah) is a disorder that causes people to pull out the hair from their scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows, pubic area, underarms, beard, chest, legs or other parts of the body, resulting in noticeable bald patches. Hair pulling varies greatly in its severity, location on the body, and response to treatment. For some people, at some times, trichotillomania is mild and can be quelled with a bit of extra awareness and concentration. For others, at times the urge may be so strong that it makes thinking of anything else nearly impossible. I have had Trichotillomania since I was about 6 years old. I'm 16 now. I've been pulling out my eyebrows for 10 years. Two days ago I just stopped the urge of pulling them out. I want them to grow back so badly I just stopped. My fear is that my eyebrows won't fully grow back. Is this true? Will my eyebrows stop growing? I'm only 16 and I have so many years left ahead of me. I have felt uglyfor the longest time because I don't have eyebrows and now that I have stopped pulling at them, I want more than anything for them to grow back. Some people say that they might not grow back. What if they don't? Are there any home remedies that will make my eyebrows grow back completely? Not just in little spots/patches? Are there any like surgeries or treatments that I could do to make them grow back? Or will they just come back on their own? Please help me, I'm really desperate. I'm just a 16 year old girl who wants her eyebrows back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment