Friday, July 15, 2011

How do you keep the passion in your relationship?

How do two people with limited time keep the passion in the relationship? We basically became roommates on accident. It's difficult to explain but even though our lives felt routine, I still loved him and wanted to be together. But things were very different from when we started dating. In the beginning it was a fantasy. We always looked good when we met up, we ate dinner, fooled around, watched a movie, then went to sleep. Doesn't that sound nice?? But then when we moved in together I was very busy with school, didn't always look as stunning, we had to grocery shop, pay bills, do laundry, share cleaning responsibilities, do all the less desirable things in a relationship. We moved into a place that was a little expensive so our funds were limited. I was always upstairs studying and he was always downstairs watching tv. I felt the distance growing but I was so busy I didn't realize the severity. I tried to talk about things with him and he always said everything was fine. He is a poor communicator. Thats why I didn't make more of an effort to fix things right away. He told me he knew it was only temporary so it was ok. I kept a journal of the beginning of our relationship. He was so different! He was head over heals in love with me. But then we gradually turned into roommates who argue about who is doing laundry next. It breaks my heart because I still want him but he thinks we aren't meant to be because we lost the spark :(

No comments:

Post a Comment