Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brain Zaps (DiscontinuationSyndrome)?

I decided to cease my treatment for bipolar of escitalopram and sodium valproate three weeks ago due to undesirable side effects under the supervision of my gp. I have since been experiencing 'brain zaps' which cause me to feel nauseous and lightheaded frequently through the day, with no signs of easing in severity. My doctor is aware of this condition and assures me that time will take care of this symptom. He is, however, unable to give me a time frame, or indications of what I can do to ease my distress in the meantime. I am hoping to hear from others who have had a similiar experience with discontinuation syndrome to gain some insight into what I can expect. Haters and time wasters will be reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment