Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Do I have an anxiety disorder?

I have an anxiety disorder also, I have had it most of my life. Most of what you write about, I can relate to also and yes, a lot of it is from the anxiety disorder. Obsessive compulsive disorder (checking things all the time)...a doctor told me that OCD also stems from the anxiety disorder. Plus I also tend to always think of worse case scenarios..like if one of my kids call me I immediately worry that some horrible thing has happened to him. It is not unusual to experience panic attacks with anxiety disorder which can cause you to to get that panicky feeling and being hot..all symptoms of anxiety/panic. Not being able to sleep is also related too. There are medications that can take the edge off of the anxiety if you can get to see a doctor about it. And doctors are very aware of symptoms of anxiety disorders so they will recognize your complaints as such. Your mother should take your symptoms seriously and let you meet with a doctor or counselor because this can be very frustrating on a daily basis, you should tell your mom it is affecting how you cope and you cannot sleep and really need some help. IF you cannot see a doctor, you should research using Google how to cope with anxiety disorder to give you information on what you are going through and what you can do to deal with it. Personally, I try to keep my life simple, stay away from as much stressful situations as possible, and in a pinch, I will take a dose of Benadryl antihistamine which will totally relax me and help me sleep, and it is very very safe to take, my doctor recommended it. Good luck, and you can write me at my email (click on my avatar pic to find it) anytime you like and I will try to give you more suggestions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment